Application domain resolved
Apps dominated the mobile era almost from the start, hitting a major milestone in 2016, accounting for over 50% of total UK digital minutes, according to ComScore.
The growth of digital time in the UK is driven by the use of mobile internet, but more specifically it dominates mobile applications. The total number of monthly seats decreased in September 2016 and decreased by more than 12% from the previous year. Mobile application consumption is the real driving force behind this increase: compared to March 2016, the total number of minutes spent on mobile applications has increased by more than 14%, increasing 82% of the total time spent on mobile devices. and more than half of all digital minutes.
The total number of minutes in the UK was over 86 million days as of September 2016. Average application time per user has increased by 14% over the past six months; and now we spend an average of nearly 63 hours per month on mobile apps, compared to 14 hours on mobile internet. In the UK, as of September 2016, more than 51% of the total application time was spent on one of the top 20 applications.
Growth of social media ads
Global social media advertising spend will grow 72% between 2016 and 2019, from $ 29 billion (£ 23 billion) to $ 50 billion (£ 40 billion), according to Zenith’s forecasts for ad spend.
Advertising on social networks accounts for 20% of all Internet advertising in 2019, compared to 16% in 2016. Advertising on social networks is growing by 20% per year, and in 2019 it will be only 1% lower than in newspaper ads ($ 50.2 billion / £ 39.9 billion for social media versus $ 50.7 billion / £ 40.3 billion for newspapers). By 2020, social media will be far ahead.
Online video advertising is growing at almost the same pace as social media, 18% per year; and in 2019 it will be $ 35.4 billion (£ 28.1 billion) worldwide, a fraction higher than the amount spent on radio advertising ($ 35 billion / £ 27.8 billion).
Zenith has predicted that global advertising spending will grow by 4.4% in 2017, the same percentage as in 2016. This is a good performance given the unexpected results of the UK referendum on EU membership and the US presidential election. The United States has increased political uncertainty and increased the risk of restrictions on international trade.
best rates for completing the roadmap
Broadcasters achieve the highest ad fulfillment rates before advertising. Find Ooyala’s global video index for the third quarter of 2016. The average for this group is better than 85% for startup ads on PCs, smartphones and tablets, and up to 94% for connected TVs.
The advertising impressions for broadcasters increased to almost 29% in the third quarter. Combined with the previous impression of the tablet ad (15%), the two yield 44% of all impressions of the broadcast ad, together with the share of the computer and laptop impressions (44%). Connected TVs represent the remaining 12% of the impressions.
Mid-roll ads are part of the pre-roll ads. The moment viewers spend a few minutes on a video, they are more likely to tolerate an ad. Tablets accounted for almost 38% of the average advertising impressions for the third quarter, more than three times the number of impressions of smartphones (11.2%). Publishers, in turn, generated more impressions of mid-roll ads on computers (68%) than on smartphones (30%) or tablets (2%).
Interruptions in machine learning
The big data market is expected to grow from $ 1.7 billion (£ 1.4 billion) in 2016 to $ 9.4 billion in 2020, which according to a study represents 10% of the total information management tools market. Although sales volume is dominated by North America, and still is, the rest of the world will also experience slightly higher growth rates.
The study found that growth rates of big data approach 50%, compared to 5 to 10% for more mature areas, such as business intelligence, data management, content management, and content management.
For top management, it is big data that enables the delivery of new products and services, the best communication with its customers, or the industry with excellent security and risk reduction.
Machine learning will be the biggest disruption. Many businesses are already using the possibilities of machine learning and artificial intelligence, but are not aware of it. Only 38% said they use these resources to automate routine tasks, but 88% said they use analytical tools, including predictive analytics, automated written communication and reporting, speech recognition, and response.
According to Wikipedia, there are more than 200 media – the number is still growing.
Therefore, it is necessary to establish a presence on social networks in at least some of them.
Find out where your target audience is and get active on the platform.
Now you know how each platform got to where it is, what the context of each channel is, and how you can create great content for each platform.