What is a Marketing Strategy?
A marketing Strategies refers to a general game plan to reach potential customers and become a customer of your products or services. A marketing strategy includes business value, key brand messages, customer demographics, and other high-level elements.
Understand marketing strategies
A very clear marketing strategy should revolve around the value of the commercial offering so that it is clear to the consumer what the company stands for, how it works, and why it deserves its business. Provide marketing teams with a template to inform their initiatives about all of the company’s products and services
Marketing strategies versus marketing plans
Marketing strategy is the marketing plan, a document that contains the specific types of marketing activities that a company does and includes calendars for launching various marketing initiatives.
marketing strategies should outlive individual marketing plans as they include value propositions and other key elements of a company’s brand that remain consistent over the long run. In other words, marketing strategies contain far-reaching messages while marketing plans outline the logistical details of specific campaigns.
Academics are still debating the exact meaning of marketing strategy, so definitions abound.
The following quotes from industry experts help to crystallize the nuances of (modern) marketing strategy:
• The main purpose of marketing is to sell more to more people, more often, and at higher prices. (Sergio Zyman, Marketing Manager and former Coca-Cola and JC Penney marketer)
• Marketing is no longer about the things you do, but the stories you tell. (Seth Godin, former businessman, and entrepreneur)
• The purpose of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well that the product or service fits and sells itself.
• The marketing work never stops. It’s about eternal movement. We have to keep innovating every day. (Beth Comstock, former vice president, and chief marketing officer, GE)
• Take two ideas and combine them to create a new idea.
Creating the marketing strategy
Whether it’s a print ad design, a mass presentation, or a social media campaign, a marketing asset can be judged by how effectively it communicates the company’s core value.
Market research can help map the effectiveness of a particular campaign and identify untapped audiences to achieve goals and increase sales.
In this video, I propose some of my best marketing strategies for getting more exposure for your business. This will be extremely valuable to you because even if you have the best product, service, or company in the world, it doesn’t matter if you can’t find someone who cares enough to pay attention. Because… nothing happens without attention. And everyone fights for their customers. This means everyone is your competitor now. And the only way to win is to get up and get noticed. Let us help you now.